Last weekend we went to Santa Rosa Island which is part of the Channel Islands with my family. You take a boat out of Ventura Harbor, stop at Santa Cruz Island and then head off to Santa Rosa. Once we arrived on the island, we took a hike around the island and then we had lunch on the beach. The island is one of a kind, and we had a lot of fun hiking around and spending time with the family, I would recommend people going, you can even camp there which I would like to do someday. The coolest thing is on our way home, we saw blue whales. They are incredible!! I have never seen them before and they are amazing, and as they swim they leave this blue tint in the water thats why they are called blue whales.
Sunday, October 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
What a neat trip. I have never been to those Islands...I've only been to Catalina and Anacapa. It looks BEAUTIFUL...I am amazed at how blue the water is. That is so cool that you saw blue whales. I didn't know that they leave a blue trail and that that is where they get their name from. Thanks for the lesson ;)
Post a Comment