This weekend, Ethan and I left Friday night for San Simeon, to go and check out Hearst Castle. We stayed in a hotel Friday night, and then on Saturday, we woke up and went to a beach close by. About 15 minuets from our hotel is a beach that has elephant seals on it. They are pretty ugly animals, with these long noses that look just like an elephants. When we were at the beach, we mostly saw baby elephant seal though. After we went to the beach we went to Hearst Castle. The place is amazing. The architecture,design, and thought that has been put in to this home is so neat to see. I was saying to Ethan, why go to Europe because William Hearst, the owner had such a collection of art, and has designed all the buiding with Spanish, Italian, and Greek designs that you think you are in another country. The castle looks so odd because in the middle of nowhere, there is a castle on a hill. There are also zebras romaing around the hills as well. Yes, there are zebras living in the hills of California. It was alot of fun, and it gave us a few ideas about what we want our future home to look like.
Sunday, October 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
thats so awesome! I didnt know you guys have done all that fun stuff! when you are in Idaho make sure to go to yellowstone at least once, its amazing.
What a nice trip. We did that trip last year...and those elephant seals are so strange looking, and I LOVE the ZEBRA's that is my favorite. I just wish that I could have seen Hearst's castle when he was around b/c it was a ZOO of animals...so cool. Glad you guys had so much fun.
Post a Comment