Monday, December 22, 2008

Lust or Must?

I am always seeing things that I want, but do not need, shoes,clothes,make-up,housewares, when I am looking at the Internet or shopping.My problem is not that I buy everything I see, but there are a few items that I see and then I feel that I have to have them, and if I don't get them I will regret it. So how do you decided if it is a lust or a must. For example, there are these shoes that are a little bit on the expensive side, but I feel I need them,so what do I do:

1.) Just buy them and feel guilty for spending so much money

2.)Buy them and not feel guilty because the are going to look so good on.

3.) Save up some extra money and then buy them, but by that time I am probably going to want something else.

All I have to say is that it is hard not being a millionaire. For a side note, I don't want to sound so materialistic, but I am a girl, and every girl has their guilty pleasures, and mine our definitely shoes. If you want to see the shoe, because I could not upload the image, they are the Michael Kors "Austin" Pump at Nordstom.com. http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2990885/0~2376778~2372808~2372940~2376188?mediumthumbnail=Y&origin=category&searchtype=&pbo=2376188&P=1

2 comments:

Cyndi said...

Bianca you are HILARIOUS! I love the lust or must instead of want or need...it is way more fun to say.

As for the delema, Don't just go and buy them b/c they are spendy and if you don't wear them everyday you will probably feel guilty. So, I would ask Santa (d.a.d.d.y.) for them or just look for a knock off version elsewhere (you know they will have them soon). Plus, you are a poor college student now (well in a few weeks) you should save your money for more necessities.

Love you! Also, we are ordering you those sandal that Cricket chewed up.

Janean said...

ok i am the same way i virtually shop ALL the time and put stuff into my 'shopping cart' so i can look through it later. Def, wait on the shoe I think the save up plan is the best, by then if you still want them then you know that you 'need' them. honestly in this country in our situations we dont really have any 'needs' its more things that will make us feel good and presentable and that is also important.